Monday, January 12, 2009

A Little Humor On A Serious Subject

It's one of those things I never realized I would ever have to make a decision about: circumcision. The information out there in internet is abundant, opinionated, and you can spend hours reading on the topic. And when you talk to your friends, you get just as many opinions. Overall, it's an overwhelming subject.

I decided to delegate this decision to the person in my home who has a penis. A decision I now regret, because I've become one of those people with a lot of opinions... Today I was looking for materials that might help persuade my decision maker to go with my beleifs, and I came across this video from some of my favorite comedians.

Warning: this video may offend many and contains adult content (but it sure did make me laugh!).



Click here for the continuation to Part 3 (I can't find Part 2 just yet but will update when I do).

3 comments:

  1. Yikes this topic gave me nursing home flashbacks. First time I saw an old uncut one as they say I about ran out of the building screaming. Then again it does take about 80 or 90 years to look like that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first of many tough decisions. Gwen you dad suggested that you go with whatever Erik has as little boys will notice the difference and are more concerned about it than we as women can ever comprehend. As for me I have no idea having never raised a boy I have nothing to base an opinion on. You should probaly go with whatever Erik wants and leave it at that. Good luck honey.
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm... I'm not sure I even want to watch the video, because I may come up with some opinions of my own! We're not finding out what we're having, but hubby and I decided early on that if it's a boy he will be circumcised. I too elected to defer this decision to hubby since I don't have a penis, and I'm going to stand by his decision, since it is very important to him. It is very hard for me to give up control of any baby decisions, but this is one of the only things that hubby has a strong opinion about, so I'm letting go!

    I do have very much respect for you, though, for researching and having your own opinions. Good luck with your decision!!

    ReplyDelete