Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!

New years is a time for reflection about the past year and creation of a new one. Looking back to a year ago, I don't think I had any idea of all the excitement 2008 would see. I think I fully planned to still be working at FWI, for Erik to have a new but still high paying job, I definitely did not expect to be pregnant, and I had no idea that we'd spend a big chunk of the year job hunting!

Looking forward a year, I imagine that little Speck will be smiling, laughing, learning about solid foods, and toddling around the house. YIKES! We will probably spend the next year dealing with day care, diapers, doctors visits, child proofing, new sleep schedules, and many other things that I don't even know that I don't know about.

Hopefully 2009 will be a year filled with celebration and family. Only 3.5 more months to go till Speck arrives! Better hurry up and think of a real name soon :)

2 comments:

  1. You are going to love every minute of this new year! I am so excited for you!!! I thought Speck was his real name:) It will be odd to start calling him something else. I can't wait to find out what his real name will be. Here is to 2009 the year of the Speck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog! I've added you to my blog list so that I can follow your progress as well - and since our due dates are only a day apart, it will be interesting to see what happens!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete