Tuesday, October 28, 2008

16 Weeks - First Flutters

Yesterday I started my new job. The question of whether or not I am showing was resolved, when all 3 of my office mates told me they had figured out on their own that I'm pregnant. I was worried they would think I'm fat!

I caved last week and bought some maternity clothes. Their great. The pants feel like PJ pants! I'm up to 120 pounds...the most I have ever weighed for a total of 5 pounds of baby gain. I already am starting to feel so big, I can't imagine what life will be like in another month or two!

And this week's most exciting news is that this morning I'm pretty sure I felt the baby! I've read a lot of descriptions of how the moment would feel, but I think my friend Niki described it best--like little ball bearings. At fist I thought it was just a grumbly tummy, but when I placed my hand on my tummy and focused on the flutters, they bounced around in one area--just like the little ultra sound dance.
Here is this week's Speck Development Update (courtesey of babycenter.com):

Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.

1 comment:

  1. Five pounds huh, hang on honey you are going to be amazed at how much more you will gain!!

    ReplyDelete