Monday, October 20, 2008

Speck - Week 15...Shopping!!

15 Weeks Pregnant
15 Weeks Pregnant

Well, little speck isn't so little anymore and we might need to find a new nickname! The link above comes from 3DPregnancy, which has a ton of interesting information as well as some very cool 3D rotatable images of the baby's development week by week.

My weekly self weigh in and measurement is a Monday night ritual, and I'm writing this on Monday morning, so I don't have an update...but I've definitely popped this week. As Jami said, anyone who knows me knows that I've never had a gut and that I'm preggo...but to any outsider I still think I look more chubby than pregnant. Yesterday I had to resort to the rubber band on my pants trick because buttoning them was just too much work, and I've ordered a Bella Band to help get a couple more weeks out of my jeans.

Sometime this week I'm headed off for a shopping spree for new work clothes. The new job is biz casual, whereas the last job was either suits or street clothes, so I really don't have anything that fits the new dress code anyway. I think I'm going to stick with non maternity clothes for now, and buy a couple sizes larger than my normal 2/4, and ideally these new clothes will work for a while after the baby comes as well.

A little hint to the grandma's-to-be: my favorite store, Anne Taylor Loft, does not carry their maternity line in Colorado--but they do at the Columbia Mall and Santana Row...

2 comments:

  1. I am not surprised you have 'popped' this last week, thats about the same time as I did. Too cute. I don't think I would dare look for maternity clothes for you, I have no idea what you would like but I will run out there and look around.

    grandma to be

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I am headed to Santana Row in about a half hour to see a movie. I, too, don't know if I would trust myself to pick out maternity clothes for you but I definitely will give a look, and delay sending your belated birthday card and gift until I do. I had intended to drop it in the mail on the way and may still do that as you could use it to get yourself some new maternity or at least bigger duds.........size 2 or 4!!........ hope you won't mind joining the rest of us in bigger sizes!!! Love, Margaret

    ReplyDelete