Monday, September 1, 2008

7 Weeks & Counting

It has been 3 weeks since I learned that "Speck" is on the way. Somewhere between quiting my job (read: giving up my insurance) and departing for a 4 week trip to Guadalajara, I realized that I'd missed something. After waking up in a panic, taking the HPT, and listening to my best friend tell me that there are no false positive pregnancy tests, I broke the news to Erik.

Surprisingly, all is well. And much to my relief, we still went to Mexico.Week 7 Symptoms: Lets just say, prunes are my new favorite food. And I can smell onions from a mile away. Heavy meals with lots of flavor aren't very appealing. And my bladder is on a once every 2 hour schedule. Perhaps my mood is a little out of whack, but who am I to say?

We've been referring to the baby as "Speck" (or "Motito" in Spanish) because in the very preliminary ultra-sound taken at week 5, he/she/it was about 5mm long.

We've broken the news to our family and everyone is very excited. And we've told everyone we've met in Mexico (I feel like I have to explain why I don't want Cervezas or Tequilla). I'm hoping to get a job before I spill the beans to the world in full, so for now this blog is by invitation only.

I decided to start a blog on the whole process, because I'm pretty much obsessed with it right now anyway and I might as well do something somewhat productive with all of that energy!

4 comments:

  1. Ah, finally a place I can mention it! Actually I am really excited, for you guys and me! Gwen I think you have picked an excellent man to have babies with and am excited for you two. This really is a fun adventure and I know you two are going to be great parents. Keep growing strong little speck.
    Love ya all!
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait either. You are going to be the cutest mom...not to mention I can follow your mom around calling her Granny! That'll be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what great excitement!!!! A new Kubec! I guess Erik figured out I started to cry. I look forward to watching speck's progress. Love you both.
    Pops

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ron, if you are 'pops' then that makes Glen grampa, hehe, I Love it!! Of course in the east grandpas go by pop pop alot but somehow I don't think Glen would like that.

    ReplyDelete