Tuesday, September 23, 2008

11 Weeks - Little Swimmer

Today I had my second ultrasound! My frustrations over the $250 appointment cost and the hour delay (after they told me to be early) quickly evaporated when they turned on the ultrasound machine and I was able to see Speck.

I got pictures, of course, but since we don't have a scanner I am posting pictures of some other baby's ultrasound that I found on a Google Image search (repeat: this is not our Speck).


Exciting growth & development achievements for this week according to my wealth of web research include: ability to swallow and pee, ability to touch and taste, flexible arms, fingernails and toenails.

We witnessed baby acrobatics during the ultrasound, as Speck bounced around quite a bit and even waved his/her arms at us. The NP was able to get a measure of the head and thinks she might have been off by a week on the original due date, but they won't be able to confirm until the "big" ultrasound in 2 months. Either way, looks like Speck is coming in early April...another Kubec April birthday.

2 comments:

  1. Go speck go!!
    Great news Gwen I am so excited for you!
    love to all,
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY. I am so happy for you. I gave up trying to tell Grandma how to get in here so I copied the entire blog and emailed it to her...along with your email address in case she has anything to say to you :)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete