Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Past Due & Still Waiting

Well, my due date has come and gone and we are now quickly approaching the original due date of April 13th. All along I have been very committed to giving birth naturally and letting the baby and my body determine when the time is right, but I have to say I am starting to see why so many people cave and do inductions.

The leg cramps I was having problems with a couple of weeks ago have returned full force. I can make it about 5 steps before I get a charlie-horse like pain in my leg and need to sit down. 5 steps, by the way, is not quite enough to get from my bed to the toilette so by the time I get to the potty the cats are following me looking concerned. So I guess I'm pretty much on self imposed bed rest today. It's disappointing, because I had envisioned I would spend these final days before birth out walking, but I'm nervous to leave the house. When I'm NOT having leg cramps, my hip seems to be spontaneously dislocating itself. I've literally gotten "stuck" several times in the last week and had to call Erik to come help me get from point A to point B.

Every little ache or pain, I find myself hoping that it is a pre-labor sign. I suppose that they probably are. I've had some small and random contractions over the last week or so, but nothing to get excited about.

To make matters worse, it seems like the whole world is waiting for me to have a baby. Every time I make a phone call, the person I'm calling answers all excited thinking I've got news. I can barely even keep up with all the FaceBook comments from friends checking in. I'm starting to feel pressured!!

Speck, I don't know what you are still waiting for, but your Mom is ready! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment