Monday, February 16, 2009

Updated Due Date - Only 7 More Weeks to Go!

Last week I had an appointment with my midwives. After much debate, they have decided to officially move my due date up. This was all because of an ultra sound that was done way back in September, where the size of Speck's head indicated he was a little further along than the "11 weeks" that I was if you count the normal way. But with all of the doctor changes, that page had basically gotten lost and every time I mentioned it, they said "well lets wait till we get the records".

So, the records finally showed up and our due date is now officially April 4th. This is more along the lines of what I suspected all along.

Jami and I started planning the shower this week, which is on March 8th. I sent out the invites yesterday but I guess today's a holiday so they are probably still sitting in the mailbox.

The nursery is pretty much done. I ordered some diaper accessories to go with my nice stash of cloth diapers (a diaper pail, some cloth wipes, pail liner, etc.) So I've got two shipments of diaper related stuff on the way. Also, my company sent a very generous baby gift and I had a little shopping hay-day at Target online. I love getting things in the mail!

The only things I still need are the car-seat, the co-sleeper/bassinet, and a baby! Oh, and a name might be nice too...

In the last week I've really noticed that Speck seems to be getting bigger and stronger. According to all the baby status web sites, he should weigh around 4 pounds now. And you can tell it when he moves!! I wish there was a little window so I could see what he is up to...feels like he's rearranging the furniture or something. I'm getting better at identifying what body parts I can feel (when he is still that is). Fortunately, he isn't keeping me up at night so far. Either I'm a heavy sleeper or he is very kind.

3 comments:

  1. You are getting soooo close! How fun! I cant believe your bladder isnt keeping you up at night! Lucky! You'll have a baby to hold in just a few weeks. :) AWWWWW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really excited for this baby to get here, for one thing it means WINTER IS OVER and for another I am looking so forward to coming out there and cuddling a little one, gosh its been so long since I have done that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you will have an April Fools baby! Wouldn't that be cute. You would call everyone and they would they say "yeah right, the baby's born... sure." lol.

    ReplyDelete