Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Speck's Jungle Nursery

I can't believe it, but I am almost done with the nursery. All it needs is a rocker and window coverings.

The mural project went much faster than I had anticipated, even with all of the "extras" that I added on. It only took 10 days from start to finish to do the whole room, which includes painting the base color (which is a super light orange, in case you were wondering).

I am one of those people who just isn't good at creative projects. At first, I felt like I was cheating because I know that people are going to look at this and go "wow your so creative" and all I was really doing was painting by numbers. But then something changed.

As I was painting, I was thinking about how much I love the little guy growing in my belly and how I just wanted to do something special for him. And as the days went on and I got more and more into the project, I saw what it was like to be actually creating an art project because I wanted to. Not because someone told me to, but really just as a gift to my baby.

So the add ons kept coming, because I was having so much fun and was so inspired. I think that the end product turned out pretty darn good, if I do say so myself! Here are some pictures (you can either view the slideshow or click the link to view at your own pace)...


4 comments:

  1. That is AWESOME! Which company did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so impressed! I don't have the patience or the creativity required for taking on a project like that. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought the mural pattern from Elephants on the Wall

    http://www.elephantsonthewall.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have said it every time you updated the pictures on Facebook..but this is just the cutest thing! I think Speck will be just like Jims nephew Cole when he showed me the glow in the dark stars painted on the ceiling in his bedroom, he said "My mom did it because she loves me!" I can just hear Speck saying the same thing about his room someday!

    Good job!!!

    ReplyDelete