Friday, December 19, 2008

Nursery Decor

I think that for most people, one of the most exciting parts of finding out the babies gender is knowing how to decorate the nursery. While I do admit that there are more gender specific theme based nursery sets, I really wanted to avoid "assigning a gender role". Plus, assuming we have more than one baby, I wanted to be able to reuse everything I buy. So we're going with monkeys. Who doesn't love monkeys?

I registered for a bunch of items to go with the theme, some of which are at Target and others are at Babies-R-Us. I haven't decided yet what color I want to paint the walls, but I ordered the window valances from the bedding set to that I can take them to the hardware store and match them to paint swatches.



Last weekend we found a great deal on a crib and dresser on Craigslist. I love the crib because it is "convertable". I just switch out a rail and it turns into a toddler bed. Buy a new frame and it can be a full size bed. I'm all about not having to buy things more than once! We did lose a couple of these little screw thingies in transit...does anyone know what this piece is called and where I can find more of them?



Erik keeps pointing out that we could have waited to buy the crib, because for the first few months the baby will probably sleep in our room in the play yard / bassinet. But I feel so happy having some furniture! I guess I'm truly nesting now.

1 comment:

  1. Jim said that is "um, um, one of those things that you put screws in and twist it for putting furniture together"...he says you can get them at Home Depot. I am thinking that is not the official name though, but he swears he got one at Home Depot! I love the crib and the monkeys...and you are right, who doesn't love monkeys??

    ReplyDelete